Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Subramanian Thenralmani <st...@yahoo.com> on 2009/03/23 10:42:11 UTC

delete a symbolic link and replace with a file

Hi,

How can i delete a symbolic link and replace with a normal file with the same name. ( link and file name is same)

One way is delete the link and commit then update the sandbox and add a file.

I need one step procedure to meet the above.

Thanks,
Subramanian ThenralMani

Re: delete a symbolic link and replace with a file

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.
On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 06:42, Subramanian Thenralmani
<st...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How can i delete a symbolic link and replace with a normal file with the
> same name. ( link and file name is same)
>
> One way is delete the link and commit then update the sandbox and add a
> file.
>
> I need one step procedure to meet the above.

I don't think you'll find one. The repository needs to see these as 2
distinct actions, and that means 2 commits/transactions, therefore at
least 2 steps.

If this is something you'll be doing frequently, write a script around
the svn client, and it'll only be one step to execute, and the script
will do everything automatically.