Posted to xml-commons-dev@xerces.apache.org by Michael Ziemba <Mi...@ansys.com> on 2008/10/30 15:32:10 UTC

Public entity rewriteURI.

Hello!

   This question is in reference to how one would change the system
value of a public entity by using either rewriteURI or rewriteSystem
elements. Example below:

Catalog File:

<!DOCTYPE catalog

   PUBLIC "-//OASIS/DTD Entity Resolution XML Catalog V1.0//EN"

   "http://www.oasis-open.org/committees/entity/release/1.0/catalog.dtd"

<catalog xmlns="urn:oasis:names:tc:entity:xmlns:xml:catalog">

  <group prefer="public">

      <rewriteSystem

            systemIdStartString="file:///sandbox/"

            rewritePrefix="file:///D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/" />

      <rewriteURI

            uriStartString="file:///sandbox/"

            rewritePrefix="file:///D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/" />

  </group>

</catalog>

Entity line:

<!ENTITY % manuals_ent PUBLIC "-//ENTITIES docbook Entities//EN"
"file:///sandbox/manuals.ent">

Note: we have 100's of entities like this, which is why we would prefer
a rewriteURI/rewriteSystem as opposed to 100's of public tags for each
individual entity.

Verbosity 4 output:

java: Loading catalog: file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/catalog.xml

java: Resolved URI: flatten_only.xsl

java:   file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/flatten_only.xsl

java: Resolved URI: copy_all.xsl

java:   file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/XSL/utilities/copy_all.xsl

java: Error on line 6 column 1 of
file:/D:/sandbox_prev/sandbox/advanced/ans_adv.xml:

java:   Error reported by XML parser: Cannot read from
file:/sandbox/manuals.ent (\sandbox\manuals.ent (The system cannot find
the path specified))

java: Transformation failed: Run-time errors were reported

No matter what I try, I can't seem be able to edit our entity to be
file:/sandbox_prev/sandbox. What's confusing is that the output shows
that the URIs are resolved to the path that we want, but when it comes
to applying with "&manual.ent;" they don't have the new URI. It seems to
not be working on certain URIs, I'm thinking that it just says that
they're resolved when they're actually not. Maybe this is just for a
Public entity? I have no idea. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Michael Ziemba

Software Developer

Ansys Inc.