Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de> on 2001/06/26 11:34:52 UTC

[C2]: Strange component management behaviou

Hello,

after some testing, the strange behaviour reported by Giacomo a few days ago
is
reproducable here:
Installing a clean, uptodate C2 into Tomcat 3.2.1, JDk1.3, Windows 2000 is
working first fine: When I call cocoon/welcome it is served with the
CachingEventPipeline.

However changing the modification date of the cocoon.xconf file without
modifying anything creates a new cocoon object, BUT from now on the
NonCachingEventPipeline is used!
When restarting cocoon with deleting the work directory first produces
the correct behaviour: The CachingEventPipeline is used.
Then again changing the modification date and voila the
NonCachingEventPipeline is happy to serve the request.

Attached is the log of the first run. Does anyone have a clue for this?

Carsten

AW: [C2]: Strange component management behaviou

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
> Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>
> Hi Team,
>
> it seems that I fixed this showstopper. If someone of you still
> has any problems with a similiar problem, please, report it.
>
> Still not working is the detection of changes in the cocoon.xconf.
> If you change, e.g. the sax connector, this change is only
> applied after a server restart.

This is fixed now. It should work again.

Carsten

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@sundn.de>.
Hi Team,