Posted to marketing@openoffice.apache.org by Larry Sadler <sl...@torfree.net> on 2012/11/27 08:44:23 UTC

Introduction - NEW volunteer

Salutations

Quick profile:

      * started using StarOffice 4.x
      * have been using OO regularly then exclusively since
      * hold Bachelor of Business and Master of Business degrees
      * major in finance, minor in computers
      * Financial Manager for 8 years
      * IT Services Manager for 8 years
      * currently freelance
      * not a programmer
      * located in Toronto Canada [at least for now]
      * only fluent in English
      * experienced with not for profit organizations
      * open to suggestions where\how to jump in

Larry Sadler 416.354.2952

Re: Introduction - NEW volunteer

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
*This is a public list that can be viewed from the internet so is not a good
idea to post private information unless you understand the risks.*

But private information can be safely stored by the moderators. Technology
has ways of doing this

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480

Posted by Alexandro Colorado <jz...@oooes.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
The CAPTCHA captured me for some time. Ultimately the human won. But no
information whether it is case sensitive or not, spaces are to be taken
care of or not, things like this confuses me. But how ever the machine can
be programmed to take care of these issues instead of looking for exact
match like pass word

With Warm Regards

V.Kadal Amutham
919444360480

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
I tried to sign in to

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.
I opened the link

Posted by Rob Weir <ro...@apache.org>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kadal Amutham <vk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yue Helen <he...@gmail.com>.
Welcome, Larry! and thanks for your interest to Apache OpenOffice. I
believe you will find a lot of fun here!

Here we have one orientation module,
http://incubator.apache.org/openofficeorg/orientation/index.html, and you
can find the link to "Introduction to Marketing".  Hope it is helpful for
you to start.

Please feel free to share your thought here on how to promote Apache
OpenOffice.

Helen