Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by smokeyjoe <fs...@gestalt-llc.com> on 2006/08/01 15:39:09 UTC

ComponentContext.getWorkspaceRoot() returns null

Within the init() method of a very trivial component, a call to
ComponentContext.getWorkingspaceRoot() returns null.  Is there a SM property
which must be set in order to receive a non-null value?

Apache ServiceMix ESB: 3.0-M2-incubating
Windows XP, SP2
spring
Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: BAM-Config file handling

Posted by James Strachan <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 8/1/06, Soumadeep-Infravio <so...@infravio.com> wrote:
> Guillaume/All,
>
> Currently, I am handling the config file for the BAM component using
> XMLBeans/XSD. We can think of some cool way of dealing with it later... Hope
> that's Ok with everyone.

FWIW I really like JAXB2 for this kind of thing. You can start with
POJOs then generate a nice XSD (or go the other way around if you
prefer).

though lots of ServiceMix already uses XBean which supports the
auto-generation of the XSD (as well as parsing the XML straight into
POJOs too).

> All the three XSDs/ sample xmls are attached - global-config, Bam and
> Actions...Do take a look ...

Looks good. I liked Gulilaume's examples of using URIs as most of the
configuration along with his email example too BTW

--

James
-------

Re: BAM-Config file handling

Posted by Soumadeep-Infravio <so...@infravio.com>.
Somehow the XSDs got detached ;-)

Re: BAM-Config file handling

Posted by Soumadeep-Infravio <so...@infravio.com>.

Re: BAM-Config file handling

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
What does the SU packaging looks like ?
Should one deploy the three files in the SU ?

On a side not, I guess one will need to configure the namespaces for the
xpath expression.
That's one of the reason why James suggested to reuse existing xpath
expressions.
You can find some examples at
http://servicemix.goopen.org/site/servicemix-eip.html

Btw, to create a new component, you could have a look at
 http://servicemix.goopen.org/site/creating-a-standard-jbi-component.html
The doc is still incomplete but the maven archetype is really handy.

--
Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

BAM-Config file handling

BAM-Config file handling

Re: ComponentContext.getWorkspaceRoot() returns null

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
Is this a standard JBI component ?
Components configured in a servicemix.xml configuration file are not
"installed" in the JBI compliant way,
and they do not have any working directory created for them.