Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by chris24 <il...@gmail.com> on 2006/05/04 21:58:09 UTC

Binding Components: Two Way Streets?

Question:
Are binding components two way streets?

Outline of problem:
I have a system where various applications all publish and subscribe to
various topics. For example, one application may publish statistics to a
topic. Another application that subscribes to that topic will read the
statistics and may publish to a topic to inform the original system to
change its behavior. These various applications are all implemented in
different programming languages (C, C#, etc). However, they all currently
use SOAP to pass messages to a simple home grown broker. What we would like
to do is user ServiceMix to wrap an Active MQ broker and have all of these
external applications use their existing methods to interact with the
SOAP/HTTP binding component. My question is if one application publishes a
topic to the MQ can the broker send responses to all subscribers through
their binding components? If I am missing something please let me know as I
am new to this ESB/JMS world. Thanks,

Sent from the ServiceMix - User forum at Nabble.com.

Re: Binding Components: Two Way Streets?

Posted by chris24 <il...@gmail.com>.
Thanks...I will look into this.

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
If you want to do publish / subscribe over http, you should consider
using servicemix-wsn2005 component, which implements the latest
WS-Notification specification.  It uses ActiveMQ internally so that
you could even publish directly to a jms topic and have subscribers
over http or on the jbi bus.

Another solution, if your subscribers list is static is to use a
http://servicemix.org/servicemix-eip#servicemix-eip-StaticRecipientList

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I'm not sure to completely understand your use of soap/http and jms...
Where do you use http and were do you jms ?