Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@sxip.com> on 2005/05/21 02:15:31 UTC

Log4JLogger not found

Hi,

I am trying to setup logging with cactus, I am using log4j. Not much
luck so far.

I created two logging property files (client and server) based on the
servlet sample. I don't understand why are these property files having a
reference back to themselves (log4j.configuration)?

When I reference these property files cactus will halt with a
ClassNotFoundException exception, the missing class being
org.apache.commons.logging.impl.Log4JLogger. This class is in
commons-logging.jar and it is on the class path (it is in WEB-INF/lib).

Any idea why am I seeing this error?

Thanks,
Marius