Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com> on 2013/09/03 05:50:46 UTC

another chart & module issue?

i *think* prior to 4.10, modules that needed the charting lib loaded it from the
main app dir??? now when i build i see charts_4.10.0.0.swf tossed into the app's
modules dir. not having it there stalls the app loading a module w/any charts in
it w/a stream error (#2032) looking for that lib. but i don't see any other libs
being required to be in the same dir.

is this expected?

thanks.

Re: another chart & module issue?

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/2013 10:56 AM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>   now when i build i see charts_4.10.0.0.swf tossed into the app's modules dir.
>
> Not following this thread closely but how are you building? The swf  (or rather swc) should be charts_4.10.0.20130820.swc for the 4.10.0 release.

used the installer to setup (Apache Flex 4.10.0 FP 11.8 AIR 3.8 en_US),
compiling using RSLs as framework linkage option. and this is debug output.

Re: another chart & module issue?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

>  now when i build i see charts_4.10.0.0.swf tossed into the app's modules dir.

Not following this thread closely but how are you building? The swf  (or rather swc) should be charts_4.10.0.20130820.swc for the 4.10.0 release.

Justin

Re: another chart & module issue?

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/2013 1:52 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> OK.  I have to pack it in for tonight.  But just so I understand, even if
> you modify flex-config to match the rsls folder FB still copies an rsl
> ending with 0?

no, it outputs the named files to whatever is in the flex config (eg just
compiled & output "framework_4.10.0.BuffaloSoldier.swf", app works fine). the
flex config file seems to be messed up after installation (as you said at the
git-go).

> Check the project properties build paths for the swcs and their linkages.
> Maybe there's an issue there.

seems "normal" compared to other RSL. not sure attachments work, adding screen
capture of charting RSL build properties.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
OK.  I have to pack it in for tonight.  But just so I understand, even if
you modify flex-config to match the rsls folder FB still copies an rsl
ending with 0?

Check the project properties build paths for the swcs and their linkages.
Maybe there's an issue there.

-Alex

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Yes please.  And add a test case just to save us a few minutes.

Thanks,
-Alex

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
FYI,
I have installed from scratch SDK 4.10.0. 20130801 and all the rsl urls in  flex-config.xml end with a 0, although the swfs in rsls/ folder have the right build number.
It was already the case in 4.10.0 RC3.

I didn't notice it before because I turned off RSL since using Apache Flex.

Maurice

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/2013 1:49 PM, Justin Mclean wrote:
> 4.10.0 release should look like this:
>
> <flex-sdk-description>
> <name>Apache Flex 4.10.0 FP11.1 AIR3.7 en_US</name>
> <version>4.10.0</version>
> <build>20130801</build>
> </flex-sdk-description>

what i have here is the same:

<flex-sdk-description>
<name>Apache Flex 4.10.0 FP 11.8 AIR 3.8 en_US</name>
<version>4.10.0</version>
<build>20130801</build>
</flex-sdk-description>

> The ideal way would be to compare MD5/signature of what was downloaded with the official release, but I assume the installer removed that.

is there official signature available? i can check to see if the installer
removed, it matches, etc.

to me this is kind of a cosmetic problem as the RSL works no matter what its
called (i messed up editing the file name in the flex config file & it just spat
out charts.swf & the module worked fine w/it). i'm slightly more concerned about
the "magical" nature of the charts RSL--needing to be in same location as
modules using it vs none of the other RSL behaving the same. but neither are
real show stoppers for me (right now).

Re: another chart & module issue?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

> me compile the SDK? funniest thing i've heard so far today ;-)
:-)

Not foolproof but take a look at flex-sdk-description.xml as it will have the date in it.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Looks like you may not using the official 4.10.0 release.

I just checked an 4.10.0 SDK installed with the installer and all of the swc's in frameworks/rsls have 20130801 in the swc file names.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
On 9/3/2013 1:41 PM, Alex Harui wrote:
> What's the <build> in flex-sdk-description.xml?

<flex-sdk-description>
<name>Apache Flex 4.10.0 FP 11.8 AIR 3.8 en_US</name>
<version>4.10.0</version>
<build>20130801</build>
</flex-sdk-description>

i just cleaned out the existing 4.10.0 SDK, uninstalled the installer, d/l it
again & finally reinstalled 4.10.0. exact same thing in the flex config file.

Re: another chart & module issue?

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.
i forgot that i had a 4.9.1 production build sitting around. i can confirm that
charts 4.9.1 RSL was output to the modules dir as was any other RSL used in the
modules (rpc, framework, etc.). these behave the same way, i can delete all the
RSL in the modules dir & everything works except the modules w/charts. that RSL
*has* to be in the same dir as the module.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Paul Hastings <pa...@gmail.com>.