Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Richard Raquepo <rr...@primeorion.com> on 2003/03/24 09:35:28 UTC

I NEED HELP

Please view email:
1. error starting my struts app in tomcat
2. error in my struts config

I really need help badly.

THANKS!

-richard

Re: I NEED HELP

Posted by Simon Kelly <ke...@ipe.fzk.de>.
The host line does not look right

name="" should refer to the host for the uri.  IE where I test on the
machine I'm on I set it to "localhost", or you could have "127.0.0.1". You
need something here that can be resolved into an ip address.

appBase is almost always "webapps".  Put your war file in
$tomcat-base/webapps, and set appBase to "webapps".

Add autoDeplaoy="true" to the Host tag.  This will unpack your war for you
when tomcat starts.

So you should have .....

<Host name="localhost" debug="0" appBase="webapps" unpackWARs="true"
autoDeploy="true">

Logger needs to be within the Context tags.

<Context ..... >
  <Logger .... />
</Context>

Context should also reference you war package name.  When it deploys it will
create a directory in webapps named the same as the war file minus the .war
extention.  If you have autoDeploy set to true though, tomcat will
automatically refernce this directory when you point to it in the web
browser.  If you want the Context then rewite it as:

assume the war file is called test.war

<Context path="/test" docBase="test" debug="0" reloadable="true"
crossContext="true">
directory="c:\\crm-dev2\\web-inf\\logs" prefix="crmtest_log." suffix=".txt"
timestamp="true"/>
</Context>

Hope this help

Simon

PS
There is a rather good, if somewhat bussy list,
tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org that is more appropriate for these questions.

Re: I NEED HELP