Posted to mirrors@apache.org by Zac Shenker <as...@qualsec.net> on 2004/09/16 16:23:38 UTC

New Mirror

Hi,

I am an assistant administrator from the web hosting company Qualsec.net, I
have the rsync command running at the moment to setup an apache mirror the
details are as follows:

*	URL of mirror - http://mirrors.qualsec.net/apache, looking into
linking that dir to FTP too at a later stage
*	Country where the mirror is located - United States
*	Contact email address - assistantadmin@qualsec.net
*	Update frequency - Undecided at this stage hoping at least once per
day, I also need help with what specific rsync command to run for updates
*	Rsync repository used - rsync.apache.org
*	Approximate bandwidth - 200 - 400GB+ per month
*	I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror (yes/no)
- yes

I will need a bit of help with getting the crontab running to get the mirror
to auto update, but as I write this am waiting for the initial download to
complete. At this stage I do not have a 100x34 logo but am hoping to have
one ready within the next few days.

Regards,

Zac Shenker

Assistant Administrator

http://www.qualsec.net

Re: New Mirror

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004, Erik Abele wrote:
>> Also is there any particular artwork for
>> mirrors to use to link to their mirror or the main site or should I use
>> http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo.gif
>
> The ASF logo is a trademark and therefore can't be used on your own pages
> without prior written permission from the ASF. Though, as said, you can
> always provide your own logo and we will inline it on the download pages. See
> the last paragraph on http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for
> details.

Just for clarity, the logo policy is here:
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/misc/FAQ.html#logo

You are, in fact, allowed to use the asf_logo.gif, as long as you aren't
implying any sort of endorsement.

(Really, we should have a better set of public-use logos.  The
asf_logo.gif is not a great one for that purpose.)

Joshua.

Re: New Mirror

Posted by Erik Abele <er...@codefaktor.de>.

Yes, it's working fine, see http://www.apache.org/mirrors/.

> Would it be possible to get the @ address for the mirror
> changed to http://www.qualsec.net.

Sorry, that's not possible right now but if you can provide a logo or
other artwork, we can link this to an address you desire.

> Also is there any particular artwork for
> mirrors to use to link to their mirror or the main site or should I use
> http://www.apache.org/images/asf_logo.gif

The ASF logo is a trademark and therefore can't be used on your own
pages without prior written permission from the ASF. Though, as said,
you can always provide your own logo and we will inline it on the
download pages. See the last paragraph on
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for details.

Cheers,
Erik

RE: New Mirror

Posted by Zac Shenker <as...@qualsec.net>.
Hi Erik,

now updating ok. Would it be possible to get the @ address for the mirror
changed to http://www.qualsec.net . Also is there any particular artwork for

On 16.09.2004, at 16:23, Zac Shenker wrote:

> Hi,
> I am an assistant administrator from the web hosting company
> Qualsec.net, I have the rsync command running at the moment to setup
> an apache mirror the details are as follows:
>
> 	• 	URL of mirror – http://mirrors.qualsec.net/apache, looking
into
> linking that dir to FTP too at a later stage

We very much prefer HTTP mirrors so there's no real need to set up FTP
access, especially for the US mirrors (we already have a bunch of US
FTP mirrors).

> 	• 	Country where the mirror is located – United States
> 	• 	Contact email address – assistantadmin@qualsec.net
> 	• 	Update frequency – Undecided at this stage hoping at least
once
> per day, I also need help with what specific rsync command to run for
> updates

We require at least one update per day, preferably between 2 and 4
times a day. Have a look at
http://www.apache.org/info/how-to-mirror.html for more information and
rsync examples.

> 	• 	Rsync repository used - rsync.apache.org
> 	• 	Approximate bandwidth – 200  - 400GB+ per month
> 	• 	I have followed the recommended configuration for my mirror
> (yes/no) - yes

Looks good and I have added your mirror to our list.

>  will need a bit of help with getting the crontab running to get the
> mirror to auto update, but as I write this am waiting for the initial
> download to complete. At this stage I do not have a 100x34 logo but am
> hoping to have one ready within the next few days.

Looks like your mirror is updating fine. If you have any problems or
questions don't hesitate to post to this list, there's usually someone
around to help you out...

Cheers,
Erik

Re: New Mirror