Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Cassa L <lc...@gmail.com> on 2011/10/07 01:32:30 UTC

Copy data from 0.7.4 to 0.8

Hi,
  I want to transfer data from a ring which is on 0.7.4 to the separate ring
running on 0.8. This ring does not even have schema definition of the data
available on 0.7.4. What is the best way to copy data and schema from 0.7
cluster to 0.8. Do I need to define schema manually and then copy ssTables ?

L.

Re: Copy data from 0.7.4 to 0.8

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
Copy the schema ("show schema" from the cli), then copy the sstables
using the bulk loader (http://www.datastax.com/dev/blog/bulk-loading).

You might have to migrate the schema manually (copy the Schema and
Migration system column families) if show schema doesn't work against
a 0.7 Cassandra.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra