Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Adrian Trenaman <tr...@progress.com> on 2009/04/20 19:23:44 UTC

Re: [LIKELY JUNK]Re: [Opinion requested] - OSGI tutorial

I'm with Hadrian here... I suggest you put in a general section on how
to configure the maven bundle plugin, and then just refer to it when
necessary.

Best,
Ade.
On 20 Apr 2009, at 18:40, Hadrian Zbarcea wrote:

> I would dedicate a separate page to it and then refer it from other
> places.
>
> My $0.02
> Hadrian
>
> On Apr 20, 2009, at 11:22 AM, Charles Moulliard wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like to have your point of view. I have started to write
>> the second
>> part of my tutorial :
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/CAMEL/tutorial-osgi-camel-part2.html
>>
>> and the question that I have is the following.
>>
>> In this tutorial, I explain layer by layer how to setup the project
>> (model
>> --> persistence --> service --> webservice --> camel routing -->
>> web).
>>
>> What is particular to OSGI world is that information about our OSGI
>> bundle
>> to be deployed is defined in the MANIFEST file. To generate the
>> file, we use
>> maven felix plugin during installation goal of maven. So,
>> information about
>> generation of the manifest file are added to the pom.xml file.
>>
>> So my question is, is it better for each project (model, persistence,
>> service, ...) to explain the modifications done in the pom.xml (to
>> export,
>> import package, ...) OR is it better to explain in one chapter all
>> the
>> modifications done ?
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Charles
>>
>> SOA Architect
>> Apache Camel Committer
>>
>> blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com

---
Adrian Trenaman, Consultant Fellow, PS - Opensource Center of Competence
Progress Software Corp
Shelbourne Road, Dublin 4, Ireland
---
+353-1-637-2659 (Office)
+353-1-637-2882 (Fax)
+353-86-6051026 (Mobile)
  adrian.trenaman (Skype)
----
Blog: http://trenaman.blogspot.com

Re: [LIKELY JUNK]Re: [Opinion requested] - OSGI tutorial

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your help.

I will try to work in that direction and also use 'pax create bundle maven
plugin' for the creation of the bundles. I don't really like what spring
proposes now with their spring bundlor.