Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Sushant Hublikar <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/15 19:20:13 UTC

Max Active DB Connections

Re: Max Active DB Connections

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 15.10.2015 um 19:20 schrieb Sushant Hublikar:
>> Hi All,
>>

>> We used JMeter to test our web application for 50 concurrent users, and
>> the web application fetches the data from the back-end DB and hence it
>> must have got 50 DB connections as well.
>>
>> But in the server we have the setting for 15 max active connections, but
>> we did not find any failed requests when we tested 50 requests
>> simultaneously. Hence, just wanted to know how JMeter test passed for those
>> 50 requests
>>
>> Is it overriding the max connection setting?
Jmeter will of course not modify the max connection settings of webapp.
How could it?

Possible explanations:

  1) Your webapp uses the database connection in a small portion of your
requests only and thus makes it possible to have 50 concurrent requests.
  2) The webapp uses all 15 db connections and the web request waits
until a db connection gets freed. The web requests are still concurrent,
but mostly waiting.
  3) You are not using 50 concurrent requests, but make them sequential.

Regards,
  Felix