Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org> on 2024/03/15 12:34:18 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Pulsar Helm Chart 3.3.1 based on 3.3.1-candidate-1

Hello Apache Pulsar Community,

This is a call for the vote to release the Apache Pulsar Helm Chart version 3.3.1.

Release notes for 3.3.1-candidate-1:
https://github.com/apache/pulsar-helm-chart/releases/tag/pulsar-3.3.1-candidate-1

The release candidate is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pulsar/helm-chart/3.3.1-candidate-1/

pulsar-chart-3.3.1-source.tar.gz - is the "main source release".
pulsar-3.3.1.tgz - is the binary Helm Chart release.

Public keys are available at: https://www.apache.org/dist/pulsar/KEYS

For convenience "index.yaml" has been uploaded (though excluded from voting), so you can also run the below commands.

helm repo add --force-update apache-pulsar-dist-dev https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/pulsar/helm-chart/3.3.1-candidate-1/
helm repo update
helm install pulsar apache-pulsar-dist-dev/pulsar --version 3.3.1 --set affinity.anti_affinity=false

pulsar-3.3.1.tgz.prov - is also uploaded for verifying Chart Integrity, though it is not strictly required for releasing the artifact based on ASF Guidelines.

You can optionally verify this file using this helm plugin https://github.com/technosophos/helm-gpg, or by using helm --verify (https://helm.sh/docs/helm/helm_verify/).

helm fetch --prov apache-pulsar-dist-dev/pulsar
helm plugin install https://github.com/technosophos/helm-gpg
helm gpg verify pulsar-3.3.1.tgz

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

Only votes from PMC members are binding, but members of the community are
encouraged to test the release and vote with "(non-binding)".

For license checks, the .rat-excludes files is included, so you can run the following to verify licenses (just update ):

tar -xvf pulsar-chart-3.3.1-source.tar.gz
cd pulsar-chart-3.3.1
java -jar /apache-rat-0.15/apache-rat-0.15.jar . -E .rat-excludes

Please note that the version number excludes the `-candidate-X` string, so it's now
simply 3.3.1. This will allow us to rename the artifact without modifying
the artifact checksums when we actually release it.

Thanks,
Lari

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Pulsar Helm Chart 3.3.1 based on 3.3.1-candidate-1

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)

-Lari

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
Please vote so that we can get the Apache Pulsar Helm Chart released with Pulsar 3.0.3 that contains the fixes for the security advisories [1] published a week ago.
Thanks!

-Lari

1 - https://pulsar.apache.org/security/

Posted by Lari Hotari <lh...@apache.org>.
The vote to release Apache Pulsar Helm Chart version 3.3.1 based on 3.3.1-candidate-1 is now closed.

The vote PASSED with 3 binding "+1" votes:

"+1" Binding votes:

  - David Jensen
  - Nicolò Boschi
  - Lari Hotari

I'll continue with the release process and the release announcement will follow shortly.

Thanks,

Lari

Posted by Nicolò Boschi <bo...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding

- Verified checksum and signatures
- Installed default Pulsar on K3S, test simple produce and consume working
well
- Verified default image pointing to Pulsar 3.0.3

Thanks,
Nicolò Boschi

Posted by David Jensen <dj...@apache.org>.
+1 (binding)