Posted to dev@knox.apache.org by Jérôme LELEU <le...@gmail.com> on 2017/07/26 14:24:02 UTC

Upgrade to pac4j v2.0?

Hi,

Just a reminder for the Knox community as the pac4 version 2.0 has been
released a few months ago (with the j2e-pac4j library in version 2.0) and
version 2.1 is coming soon.

There are interesting improvements for you as the properties configuration
has been updated in pac4j. To put it simply, you could declare a basic
authentication backed by a LDAP configuration, in addition to SAML, CAS,
... configuration.

It requires Java 8 which was a problem last year.

Thanks.
Best regards,
Jérôme

Re: Upgrade to pac4j v2.0?

Posted by larry mccay <lm...@apache.org>.
Hi Jérôme -

Good to hear from you - I hope all is well!

Thank you for the reminder.
We definitely need to consider whether the rest of the Hadoop ecosystem has
dropped Java 7 support yet.

I think that we have stopped building with Java 7 in jenkins due to memory
issues in the test runs anyway.

I'd like to get 0.13.0 out in the next week or so and maybe 0.14.0/1.0.0
will be a good time to drop support for Java 7.

thanks again!

--larry