Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by Shimon Crown <sh...@equipnet.co.il> on 2001/05/29 15:46:29 UTC

Problem with Deployment Descriptor for own Serializer

I have written a class (lets call it SillySerializer!) that implements
Serializer and Deserializer as the object I need serializing is definitely
not a candidate for using BeanSerializer.

On the client side everything works nicely. On the server I have deployed
the following deployment descriptor :-

<isd:service xmlns:isd="http://xml.apache.org/xml-soap/deployment"
id="urn:TDSReadWrite">
  <isd:provider type="java" scope="Application"  methods="checkArrival">
  <isd:java class="co.il.equipnet.comsupport.TDS_ClientForSoap"
static="false"/>
  </isd:provider>

<isd:faultListener>org.apache.soap.server.DOMFaultListener</isd:faultListene
r>

  <isd:mappings>
    <isd:map encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding"
            xmlns:x="urn:tds" qname="x:variant"
            javaType="co.il.equipnet.comsupport.TDS_Variant"
            java2XMLClassName="co.il.equipnet.comsupport.SillySerializer"
            xml2JavaClassName="co.il.equipnet.comsupport.SillySerializer"/>
  </isd:mappings>

</isd:service>

When I try a client call to the method checkArrival I get the following
error :

Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Server.Exception:
  Fault String = org/apache/soap/util/xml/Serializer

For the record checkArrival doesn't actually contain a parameter that
requires this serialization so I guess that the fault is generated earlier
on. The call works if I remove the the mapping code or substitute
BeanSerializer for SillySerializer. I am new to Apache SOAP so there may be
some deployment stage that I am missing

Thanks,

Shimon