Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Wilfredo Sánchez <ws...@MIT.EDU> on 2002/09/24 02:30:09 UTC

2.0 mod_dav thinks / isn't a collection, mod_dir gets in the way

   I've switched my home server from a Linux box running httpd 1.3 to my
Mac running httpd 2.0.  For my each site I host, I've got two virtual
hosts, one which is the public server and another which is DAV-enabled
for editing.  I usually just mount the DAV server using the DAV
filesystem in OS X and edit that way.

   I ran into a problem after the switch, though, and the clients can't
mount the server any more.  I poked around a bit using tcpflow and
bugged the owner of webdavfs at Apple, and the problem seems to be that
httpd is telling the client that the URI / is not a collection, so the
mount fails.  I'm seeing behavior using Goliath which show it's getting
confused as well; it will show me index.html but no subdirectories.

   My guess is that mod_dir is poking in here and returning index.html
for /.  I do have DirectoryIndex set in the main server config, but I
didn't have this problem in 1.3.  Is this new behavior?  There's no
comment in the docs about how to turn off DirectoryIndex for a location
(eg. for a virtual host).

   Commenting out the DirectoryIndex altogether didn't fix the problem,
but disabling the loading of mod_dir does.  Unfortunate, since I do
want mod_dir sometimes.

   Any ideas?

	-wsv

Re: 2.0 mod_dav thinks / isn't a collection, mod_dir gets in the way

Posted by André Malo <nd...@perlig.de>.
* Wilfredo Sánchez wrote:

>    My guess is that mod_dir is poking in here and returning index.html
> for /.  I do have DirectoryIndex set in the main server config, but I
> didn't have this problem in 1.3.  Is this new behavior?  There's no
> comment in the docs about how to turn off DirectoryIndex for a
> location (eg. for a virtual host).

It can't be turned off. you may set it it to a file that is never found.

>    Commenting out the DirectoryIndex altogether didn't fix the
>    problem,
> but disabling the loading of mod_dir does.  Unfortunate, since I do
> want mod_dir sometimes.
>
>    Any ideas?

The problem should be fixed in 2.0.42.

nd
--
$_=q?tvc!uif)%*|#Bopuifs!A`#~tvc!Xibu)%*|qsjou#Kvtu!A`#~tvc!KBQI!)*|~
tvc!ifmm)%*|#Qfsm!A`#~tvc!jt)%*|(Ibdlfs(~  # What the hell is JAPH? ;