Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Nathaniel Auvil <na...@gmail.com> on 2005/11/30 20:16:22 UTC

calling an Ant task from "mvn" command

i have the following defined in my POM

        <plugin>
                <executions>
                    <execution>
                        <phase>generate-sources</phase>
                        <configuration>
                            <tasks>

                                <echo message="yeah yeah yeah" />
                            <!--
                            Place any ant task here. You can add anything
                            you can add between <target> and </target> in a
                            build.xml.
                            -->

                            </tasks>
                        </configuration>
                        <goals>
                            <goal>run</goal>
                        </goals>
                    </execution>
                </executions>
            </plugin>

How can i invoke that ant script in and of itself?  I have tried: "mvn
ant:run" but it says there is no goal "run" defined.

Re: calling an Ant task from "mvn" command

Posted by Anuerin Diaz <ra...@gmail.com>.
hi,

  that execution is only going to be triggered if the
"generate-sources" phase is 'executed'. you can read this guide[1] for
more information. if you will check the mailing archives or the user
faq wiki[2] you will see why running the antrun plugin indepently is
not yet possible at this time.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-the-lifecycle.html
[2] http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVENUSER/FAQs

ciao!

--

"Programming, an artform that fights back"

Anuerin G. Diaz
Registered Linux User #246176
Friendly Linux Board @ http://mandrivausers.org/index.php
http://capsule.ramfree17.org , when you absolutely have nothing else