Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Struts Newsgroup (@Basebeans.com)" <st...@basebeans.com> on 2002/07/10 14:25:01 UTC

How to handle empty lists?

Subject: How to handle empty lists?
From: "Scott Danzig" <da...@avaya.com>
 ===
Hi,

I'm wondering.. for something displayed using logic:iterate.. I have a form
using a multibox for instance.. nifty thing.. I'm wondering..what's the best
way to handle a list being empty?  As in.. if there's no elements to
display, it should not only mention there's nothing to list in a nice little
message, but in the case of something like a multibox, the related submit
button should be suppressed too, as there's nothing to select (we're
assuming the form only contains that one multibox).. I'm still fairly new to
a lot of things in struts, so please be as comprehensive as you have time
for.  Thanks in advance for what help you can offer.

- Scott

RE: How to handle empty lists?

Posted by Mark Nichols <st...@partitionsoftware.com>.
Look in the javadocs for the logic:NotPresent tag...

</mark>