Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Swaroop George <sg...@sapient.com> on 2003/07/29 15:59:43 UTC

Problem with nested:select

Hi all,
 I have a problem with nested:select.
I have a drop down which is always disabled. Now based on the value of
some other dropdown I am marking one of the options of this dropdown as
selected. I am using Javascript for this. Now my problem is that once
the form gets submitted the bean(which is supposed to hold the selected
value of the disabled drop down) doesnot retain the value assigned.

However this problem is not occurring when I enable the drop down. The
bean is retaining the value of the drop down, so that when the page gets
refreshed or reloaded I have the value displayed.(I am putting the bean
in session scope.)

Thanks in advance
Swaroop

problem submitting mulitple row fields in one action form

Posted by Faisal Shoukat <FS...@retailexp.com>.

Hello,

Does anyone know how to submit multiple fields in one form.  Let me
explain.  I have a search jsp which returns for example 3 rows.  In each
of the rows there are 3 amendable columns x, y and z. which are stored
as <html:text> The user has the option of amending all the fields thus
if 3 rows were returned they could amend 9 fields.

I have the table which holds the results enclosed within a form.
However when a user enters data into all the fields only the data
entered in the first row is passed into the form.

Does anyone know how to get all of the data entered in the fields passed
to the action class.  The number of rows returned depends upon what is
in the database so is not pre defined.

Thanks in advance
faisal