Posted to user@spark.apache.org by phoenix bai <mi...@gmail.com> on 2014/04/30 04:56:16 UTC

sparkR - is it possible to run sparkR on yarn?

Hi all,

I searched around, but fail to find anything that says about running sparkR
on YARN.

so, is it possible to run sparkR with yarn ? either with yarn-standalone or
yarn-client mode.
if so, is there any document that could guide me through the build & setup
processes?

I am desparate for some answers, so please help!

Re: sparkR - is it possible to run sparkR on yarn?

Posted by Shivaram Venkataraman <sh...@gmail.com>.
We don't have any documentation on running SparkR on YARN and I think there
might be some issues that need to be fixed (The recent PySpark on YARN PRs
are an example).
SparkR has only been tested to work with Spark standalone mode so far.

Thanks
Shivaram