Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Rajith Attapattu <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/05 17:22:34 UTC

Re: JMS Browse Mode

Hi Wes,

Sorry I totally missed this one.

Lets say you have pre-defined a queue named "my-queue" with reject
policy as "ring"

Then if you are using trunk.
---------------------------------
Use the following address string
destination.my-ring-queue="my-queue"

If you are using Qpid release 0.6 and older versions (or MRG 1.2 rpms)
queue.my-ring-queue="my-queue"   -  assuming it's bound to "amq.direct"
And then you would also need to use -Dqpid.declare_queues=false.

If you are able to, I recommend using the latest as the new addressing
syntax is a lot more flexible and easy to use.

Once you have declared the destination (based on the version you use)
then you can do the following.

Queue queue = (Queue)ctx.lookup("my-ring-queue");
QueueBrowser browser = session.createBrowser(queue);

Regards,

Rajith

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:02 AM, Carl Trieloff <cc...@redhat.com> wrote:
> On 06/28/2010 06:29 PM, Wes Parish wrote:
>>
>> Is it possible to connect to a pre-defined ring queue using JMS in browse
>> mode?  If so, are there any examples?
>>

> yes, I believe you need to turn of the queue auto create from JMS. Rajith
> can provide more detailed example.
>

>> Please correct me if I am wrong, but the way I uderstand it browse mode
>> will make a callback for every message on the queue when a user connects,
>> then again for each new incoming message.  I would like to leverage this
>> feature.
>>
>> Wes

> Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Rajith Attapattu