Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by daniel martin <dm...@nextware.de> on 2002/05/29 09:25:55 UTC

session problem (mod_proxy,mod_rewrite)

Hi List!

This is a bit OT but perhaps one of you had the same problem:

We use Cocoon2.0.2 with tomcat 4.0.1 and apache as Webserver.
Tomcat and Apache are connected with a rewrite rule in httpd.conf which
looks
like this:

    RewriteRule ^/(.*)  http://thehost.com/foo:8080/$1 [P,L]

The problem is, that the sessionID generated by tomcat and then passed to
mod_proxy (P option)
disappears after proxy processing. if we access the url directly everything
works fine.

some threads ago there was a solution with
    ProxyPassReverse
but this does not work for me.

Any suggestions?

thanks