Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by STEENBLIK Jason <ja...@leonteq.com> on 2014/11/21 15:42:48 UTC

DNS search order

I have a couple of basic zones and I'd like to set the DNS search suffix. I see that it appears there used to be a dnssearchorder property for a zone. Does anyone know if this still works, or if there is another way to give guests a list of DNS domains to search?

Many Thanks,
Jason

=========== The Leonteq Mail Gateway made the following annotation ===========

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you should

not copy it, re-transmit it, use it or disclose its contents, but should

return it to the sender immediately and delete the copy from your system.

Leonteq Securities is not responsible for, nor endorses, any opinion,

recommendation, conclusion, solicitation, offer or agreement or any

information contained in this communication.

Leonteq Securities cannot accept any responsibility for the accuracy or

completeness of this message as it has been transmitted over a public network.

If you suspect that the message may have been intercepted or amended, please

call the sender. Should you require any further information, please contact

the Compliance Manager on compliance@leonteq.com<ma...@leonteq.com>.

Re: DNS search order

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.
Hi, did you try updating a zone with the desired dnssearchorder to see
if it works?  If there is no such option in the UI, use the API with
cloudmonkey or a similar tool.  It might only get applied to new VRs so
try creating a new network or destroying and recreating a VR for an
existing network.

Best regards,
Kirk

RE: DNS search order