Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Shawn Church <sh...@boxity.com> on 2002/07/09 19:31:05 UTC

Migration from 3.3a to 4.0.4

I am new to Tomcat 4, and I am trying to move an existing webapp from 3.3a to 4.0.4.  I am using Apache as the web server, but I am not quite clear on which portions of Tomcat relate specifically to the stand-alone web server configuration versus general webapp serving through a connector (Warp or AJP).  For example, the Host container is used to define virtual hosts, but is this necessary if Apache is handling the virtual hosting?

Any general comparison or migration steps of Tomcat 3.3 to Tomcat 4 would be helpful.  Currently I have multiple Apache virtual hosts served by multiple Tomcat instances (with multiple server.xml, etc.) and everything works fine (in 3.3a).

Thanks,
Shawn