Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Mark Richman <mr...@ispchannel.com> on 2001/03/22 17:49:21 UTC

** getTargetObject in Provider fails **

I have implemented my own provider class, but when I execute
my client,
the provider chokes on this call:

// get at the target object

targetObject = ServerHTTPUtils.getTargetObject
(serviceManager, dd, targetObjectURI,servlet, session,
context);

Here's my console output:

In AuthProvider.locate()
Method: sayHello
URI: urn:test-authprovider
DD.ServiceClass: com.empsoft.soap.providers.AuthProvider
DD.ProviderClass: com.empsoft.soap.services.HelloWorld
Call.MethodName: sayHello
Authenticating:
Authorizing:

Getting Target Object...

Unable to invoke init method of script invoker:
java.lang.NullPointerException
[SOAPException: faultCode=SOAP-ENV:Server; msg=Unable to
invoke init method of s
cript invoker: java.lang.NullPointerException;
targetException=java.lang.NullPoi
nterException]
        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.ServerHTTPUtils.getTargetObject(ServerHTT
PUtils.java:356)
        at
com.empsoft.soap.providers.AuthProvider.locate(AuthProvider.java:122)

        at
org.apache.soap.server.http.RPCRouterServlet.doPost(RPCRouterServlet.
java:260)
        at
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:760)
        at
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.doService(ServletWrapper.java:4
04)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.Handler.service(Handler.java:286)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:372
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.internalService(ContextManager.
java:797)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:743
)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.http.HttpConnectionHandler.processConnectio
n(HttpConnectionHandler.java:210)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:
416)
        at
org.apache.tomcat.util.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java
:498)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)
done!
In AuthProvider.invoke()
SOAPException: java.lang.NullPointerException

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated!

- Mark
--
Mark A. Richman