Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Rolf Marsh <rm...@fastmail.us> on 2010/01/05 00:20:56 UTC

How do I share files?

Hello... I have two projects in Subversion.  I am trying, in Visual
Studio 2008 Pro, to share some of the .cs files in Project 'A' with a
new project ('B') I am writing.

I know how to share .cs files from within VS, but how to I get them out
of the repository?

Re: How do I share files?

Posted by Thomas Harold <th...@nybeta.com>.
On 1/5/2010 10:05 AM, Andy Levy wrote:

> As of SVN 1.6, file-level externals are supported. This is very close
> to VSS's sharing IIRC (been a few years since I've dealt with VSS).
>
> http://subversion.tigris.org/svn_1.6_releasenotes.html#externals
> http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.externals.html

Ah ha!  I knew as soon as I typed that up that I'd be proven wrong.

Re: How do I share files?

Posted by Andy Levy <an...@gmail.com>.

Re: How do I share files?

Posted by Thomas Harold <th...@nybeta.com>.

RE: How do I share files?

Posted by Bob Archer <Bo...@amsi.com>.
>Hello... I have two projects in Subversion.  I am trying, in Visual Studio 2008 Pro, to share some of the .cs files in Project 'A' with a new project ('B') I am writing.

>I know how to share .cs files from within VS, but how to I get them out of the repository?

Read about svn:externals in the svn book.

BOb