Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by Benjamin Keil <be...@finantix.com> on 2007/12/06 02:51:17 UTC

Re: Checkbox tree component

Hello All!

  This CheckBox tree is very cool.  But I'm having some strange interactions
with the web server: when I run under Jetty everything goes smoothly, but
when I deploy to tomcat, I get a bunch of unrendered component exceptions
for the component with id "checkbox" and whose class is some deeply nested
anonymous inner class.

  Does anyone have any idea what could possibly be the difference between
the two containers?  I believe that I'm running with servlet-api-2.5 in both
Jetty and Tomcat.  My web.xml has version="2.5" in its <webapp> tag.  I'm
not getting unredered component complaints for anything else anywhere in my
site.  I'm totally baffled.

Any help would be greatly appreciated,
Ciao,
Ben.

Re: Checkbox tree component

Posted by Benjamin Keil <be...@finantix.com>.

Doug Leeper wrote:

> When does this occur?
> - the first time the page is displayed
> - after you do some user interaction?  if so, are you using Ajax in the
> user interaction?

This happens on the initial loading of the page, and I tried setting the
CheckType to Ajax and to Regular.  It happens in both cases (except you get
CheckBoxTree$2 instead of $3).

Re: Checkbox tree component

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
When does this occur?

Re: Checkbox tree component

Posted by Benjamin Keil <be...@finantix.com>.

Doug Leeper wrote:

> Could you post the stacktrace?

Here it is:

WicketMessage: The component(s) below failed to render. A common problem is
that you have added a component in code but forgot to reference it in the
markup (thus the component will never be rendered).

1. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:1:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
2. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:2:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
3. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:3:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
4. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:4:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
5. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:5:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
6. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:6:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
7. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:7:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
8. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:8:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
9. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:9:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3, isVisible
= true, isVersioned = false]]
10. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:10:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]
11. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:11:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]
12. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:12:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]
13. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:13:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]
14. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:14:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]
15. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:15:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]
16. [MarkupContainer [Component id = checkbox, page =
lumina.im.presentation.wicket.AdministrateContentScannerDocumentSource, path
= 0:propsForm:groupTree:i:16:nodeComponent:checkbox.CheckBoxTree$3,
isVisible = true, isVersioned = false]]

Root cause:

org.apache.wicket.WicketRuntimeException: The component(s) below failed to
[...]

at org.apache.wicket.Page.checkRendering(Page.java:1095)
at org.apache.wicket.Page.renderPage(Page.java:898)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.target.component.BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.respond(BookmarkablePageRequestTarget.java:231)
at
org.apache.wicket.request.AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.respond(AbstractRequestCycleProcessor.java:103)
at
org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.processEventsAndRespond(RequestCycle.java:1100)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.step(RequestCycle.java:1169)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.steps(RequestCycle.java:1248)
at org.apache.wicket.RequestCycle.request(RequestCycle.java:489)
at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doGet(WicketFilter.java:343)
at
org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketServlet.doGet(WicketServlet.java:121)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:690)
at
at
at
lumina.im.presentation.springmvc.wealth.filters.OpenTransactionInViewFilter.doFilterInternal(OpenTransactionInViewFilter.java:43)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:75)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
org.springframework.web.filter.CharacterEncodingFilter.doFilterInternal(CharacterEncodingFilter.java:96)
at
org.springframework.web.filter.OncePerRequestFilter.doFilter(OncePerRequestFilter.java:75)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:235)
at
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:228)
at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:175)
at
at
at
at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:212)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:844)
at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.process(Http11Protocol.java:634)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$Worker.run(JIoEndpoint.java:445)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

Again, this happens under Tomcat (6.0.14) but not under Jetty (6.1.5), but I
can't imagine what the difference would be.

Re: Checkbox tree component

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.
Could you post the stacktrace?

Re: Checkbox tree component

Posted by Benjamin Keil <be...@finantix.com>.
Thanks for the hint, but, yes the wicket jars are the latest ones:

wicket-1.3.0-rc1.jar
wicket-datetime-1.3.0-rc1.jar
wicket-extensions-1.3.0-rc1.jar
wicket-ioc-1.3.0-rc1.jar
wicket-spring-1.3.0-rc1.jar
wicket-spring-annot-1.3.0-rc1.jar

And it's the same set of jars under Jetty.

So, I'm still really baffled.
Thanks :) :) :)
Ben.

Re: Checkbox tree component

Posted by Doug Leeper <do...@yahoo.com>.

That doesn't make sense.  Not sure what the problem could be.  Are you sure
you have Wicket 1.3 in the Tomcat instance?