Posted to dev@jclouds.apache.org by Diwaker Gupta <no...@github.com> on 2013/08/30 00:19:02 UTC

[jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

This reverts commit bc0abbaa073a9178f3aeb0d1541ea5fc50dded35 and
re-enables temp-signed URLs for S3.

Closes JCLOUDS-200
You can merge this Pull Request by running:

  git pull https://github.com/maginatics/jclouds feature/s3-temp-signed-url

Or you can view, comment on it, or merge it online at:

  https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135

-- Commit Summary --

  * Revert &quot;Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3&quot;

-- File Changes --

    M providers/aws-s3/src/main/java/org/jclouds/aws/s3/blobstore/AWSS3BlobRequestSigner.java (7)
    M providers/aws-s3/src/test/java/org/jclouds/aws/s3/blobstore/AWSS3BlobSignerExpectTest.java (4)

-- Patch Links --

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135.patch
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135.diff

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by BuildHive <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds » jclouds #367](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/367/) UNSTABLE
Looks like there's a problem with this pull request
[(what's this?)](https://www.cloudbees.com/what-is-buildhive)

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-23531992

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Pushed to master.  We do not seem to have a proper live test for this; I will backfill this later.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-24123904

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
> jclouds » jclouds #367 UNSTABLE

Looks like an unrelated test failure ("java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: timeout value is negative" in a [Nova test](https://buildhive.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds/job/jclouds/org.apache.jclouds.api$openstack-nova/367/testReport/junit/org.jclouds.openstack.nova.v2_0.compute/NovaComputeServiceExpectTest/testCreateNodeWhileUserSpecifiesKeyPair/))

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-24145407

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-java-7-pull-requests #650](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-java-7-pull-requests/650/) SUCCESS
This pull request looks good

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-23530484

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by CloudBees pull request builder plugin <no...@github.com>.
[jclouds-pull-requests #189](https://jclouds.ci.cloudbees.com/job/jclouds-pull-requests/189/) SUCCESS

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-23530477

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Diwaker Gupta <no...@github.com>.
> Were we able to harvest any test cases from the "intermittent failures" that caused this commit to be reverted in the first place? If so, should we add one as a test case here?

@demobox If we run integration tests nightly, that should provide sufficient coverage. Carving out a unit test is possible but tedious -- I'd have to run the test in a loop till I "discover" a timestamp that demonstrates the problem. LMK if that's a blocker for this to go in and I'll try to find some spare cycles for this.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-24109531

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.
>  LMK if that's a blocker for this to go in and I'll try to find some spare cycles for this.

I think we're good for now - no rush on this. Just would like to see some "production" use before making a decision on whether we're good for 1.7.0.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-24110973

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Running unit and live tests now and plan to push as-is to master if successful.  This commit only affects a previously unsupported API.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-24120189

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Closed #135.

---

Posted by Andrew Gaul <no...@github.com>.
Agreed an additional test would help.  Run #367 has an unrelated negative timeout failure which I have seen elsewhere.

---
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-23532152

Re: [jclouds] Revert "Disable timed temporary signed URLs for AWS-S3" (#135)

Posted by Andrew Phillips <no...@github.com>.

https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/135#issuecomment-23528725