Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by "Raoyixuan (Shandy)" <ra...@huawei.com> on 2011/02/17 03:29:59 UTC

indexedslicesQuery class error

I do the range query  by the hector client when the state and birht_date columns are both indexed, it show the error:

The method addGtExpression(String,String) in the type IndexedSlicesQuery<String,String,String> is not applicable for the arguments(String,long)

The code is as below:

StringSerializer ss = StringSerializer.get();
IndexedSlicesQuery<String, String, String> indexedSlicesQuery = HFactory.createIndexedSlicesQuery(keyspace, ss, ss, ss);
indexedSlicesQuery.setColumnNames("full_name", "birth_date", "state");
indexedSlicesQuery.addGtExpression("birth_date", 1970L);
indexedSlicesQuery.addEqualsExpression("state", "UT");
indexedSlicesQuery.setColumnFamily("users");
indexedSlicesQuery.setStartKey("");
QueryResult<OrderedRows<String, String, String>> result = indexedSlicesQuery.execute();

华为技术有限公司 Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.[Company_logo]

Email: raoyixuan@huawei.com<ma...@huawei.com>
地址:深圳市龙岗区坂田华为基地 邮编:518129
Huawei Technologies Co., Ltd.
Bantian, Longgang District,Shenzhen 518129, P.R.China
http://www.huawei.com
________________________________
本邮件及其附件含有华为公司的保密信息,仅限于发送给上面地址中列出的个人或群组。禁
止任何其他人以任何形式使用(包括但不限于全部或部分地泄露、复制、或散发)本邮件中
的信息。如果您错收了本邮件,请您立即电话或邮件通知发件人并删除本邮件!
recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by

RE: indexedslicesQuery class error

Posted by "Raoyixuan (Shandy)" <ra...@huawei.com>.
Thanks .

I change ss to bytebufferserializer. It works fine.

StringSerializer ss = StringSerializer.get();
IndexedSlicesQuery<String, String, String> indexedSlicesQuery = HFactory.createIndexedSlicesQuery(keyspace, ss, ss, ss);
indexedSlicesQuery.setColumnNames("full_name", "birth_date", "state");
indexedSlicesQuery.addGtExpression("birth_date", longSerializer.toByteBuffer (1970L));
indexedSlicesQuery.addEqualsExpression("state", stringSerializer.toByteBuffer("UT"));
indexedSlicesQuery.setColumnFamily("users");
indexedSlicesQuery.setStartKey("");
QueryResult<OrderedRows<String, String, String>> result = indexedSlicesQuery.execute();
It shows the error

The method addGtExpression(String,String) in the type IndexedSlicesQuery<String,String,String> is not applicable for the arguments(String,ByteBuffer)

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
3rd time same mistake...And it tells it all in the error message that it is
giving...

Now u r saying in createIndexedSlicesQuery(keyspace, ss, ss, ss) that ur
values are going to be String, but u r converting both values to
ByteBuffers.

As shown in
https://groups.google.com/group/hector-users/browse_thread/thread/520c5332dedfca4a,
pls pass the valueSerializer as BBS (ByteBufferSerializer)

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.
addGtEqual???

Posted by Roshan Dawrani <ro...@gmail.com>.