Posted to user@nutch.apache.org by visayafan <vi...@163.com> on 2014/12/18 17:06:01 UTC

Which version of Nutch and HBase should I use to match Hadoop 2.4

I have been wasting a lot time on this, Can someone professional help me out?

Can I build Nutch 2.x (2.x branch from Nutch github repo) to make it work with the latest HBase on Hadoop 2.4?

I have wasted a lot time on this and I would be very appreciated if someone can help me.
Thank you for your time.

Re: Which version of Nutch and HBase should I use to match Hadoop 2.4

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Gora can work with Hbase 0.94 that run top of hadoop 1 or hadoop 2.
BTW if you apply patch of GORA-375, it can work with Hbase 0.98 too.
For example you can use Nutch in local mode and can write hbase that
works on hadoop2. However this does not mean Nutch works on Hadoop2.
Because Nutch use Gora as a mapreduce frameworks. Nutch does not use
hadoop classses for map reduce. Gora has Hadoop 2 support in 0.5 [1]
They tired to make a abstract layer for working with hadoop 1 and
hadoop 2. When I update hadoop dependecies of Nutch. I try to run top
of Hadoop 2.5 But it throws exceptions. Now I try to fix them.

Hope that helps
Talat

[1] http://apache.org/dist/gora/0.5/CHANGES.txt

--
Talat UYARER
Websitesi: http://talat.uyarer.com

Re: Which version of Nutch and HBase should I use to match Hadoop 2.4

Posted by visayafan <vi...@163.com>.

Posted by Talat Uyarer <ta...@uyarer.com>.
Hi,