Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Eduardo Godoy Vega <eg...@mail.tekchile.cl> on 2001/10/03 18:10:21 UTC

[C2] Newbie: How to start a new proyect ...

I know that my question sound a little "dummy", but ...

How is the best way to start a new context in Tomcat+Cocoon2, I want to
create a XSP based proyect...

What do I have to modify in Tomcat (ver. 3.2.3)?
What does my new WEB-INF/web.xml must include ?

Thanks,
Eduardo.

Re: [C2] Newbie: How to start a new proyect ...

Posted by Arno Illmann <ar...@gmx.de>.
Eduardo Godoy Vega wrote:

> How is the best way to start a new context in Tomcat+Cocoon2, I want to
> create a XSP based proyect...

In tomcat/conf/server.xml:

	[... other configurations...]

    <ContextManager debug="0" workDir="work" showDebugInfo="true" >

	[... other configurations...]

	<Context path="/cocoon"
		 docBase="webapps/cocoon"
		 debug="0"
		 reloadable="true" >
	</Context>

    </ContextManager>

If you want to use apache as http server with tomcat on another port you must configure the mod_jk file here. This is described in the installation instruction too.

> What do I have to modify in Tomcat (ver. 3.2.3)?
> What does my new WEB-INF/web.xml must include ?

You make a new subfolder in cocoons folder and have to match requests in cocoons sitemap.xmap file to your subfolder sitemap file and there to your files. You do not need the deployment descriptor web.xml in the beginning. Sitemap syntax usage is found a lot in itself and on the cocoon site.

And visit http://www.pigbite.co.uk/ctwig , it is very good for starting with cocoon.

Best regards, Arno Illmann