Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Dilova, Tereza (BG)" <Di...@semantec.bg> on 2002/01/17 11:43:49 UTC

Design problem.

Hi to all!
I have a ( let as name it) design problem.
I am using Apache Web and Apache soap servlet.
I have made some web services ( java classes) , which read data from Oracle
DB, using jdbc connection.

I hade made a configuration file ( xml)  with needed parameters: Host Name ,
Port , Sid, in order to change DB easy.
I hade create also a DBConnection java class , with static attributes host,
port , sid and with method getJDBCConnection , which returns
java.sql.Connection.

Problem: I want to parse this configuration file once, not in each web
service class when I need connection to database.
	  This class DBConnection has only static methods and attributes.

Question:
             I want with running of SOAP servlet  to have this class in
memory.
	 Does anyone has idea or similar problem ?