Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Philip Mak <pm...@aaanime.net> on 2002/01/11 21:59:49 UTC

$Server->Transfer v.s. $Response->Include

As I understand it calling $Server->Transfer is basically like calling
$Response->Include followed by $Response->End. Am I right?

I was wondering why $Server->Transfer doesn't accept any additional
arguments to pass to the file like $Response->Include does; I thought
that it would be a useful feature to have. I'm doing something like
this right now:

if ($@) {
  $Response->Include('fatal_error.asp', ($@));
  $Response->End();
}

Re: $Server->Transfer v.s. $Response->Include

Posted by Joshua Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.
Philip Mak wrote:

> As I understand it calling $Server->Transfer is basically like calling
> $Response->Include followed by $Response->End. Am I right?

It was more or less, now it is exactly this...

> I was wondering why $Server->Transfer doesn't accept any additional
> arguments to pass to the file like $Response->Include does; I thought
> that it would be a useful feature to have. I'm doing something like
> this right now:
>
> if ($@) {
>   $Response->Include('fatal_error.asp', ($@));
>   $Response->End();
> }

I have added this ability to my dev version 2.31, with this docs note:

As of Apache::ASP 2.31, this method now accepts optional
arguments like $Response->Include & $Server->Execute.
$Server->Transfer is now just a wrapper for:

  $Response->Include($file, @args);
  $Response->End;

Let me know if you would like an early release.

-- Josh