Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com> on 2015/12/03 21:51:27 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.0 Released

Hi everyone,

Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.0 has now been released.

This release contains a number of resolved issues and new features since
the 5.12.1 release.

A list of issues resolved in this release is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12329848

The Wiki page for the release is here:
http://activemq.apache.org/activemq-5130-release.html

API documentation for 5.12.1 is located here:
http://activemq.apache.org/maven/5.13.0/apidocs/index.html

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache ActiveMQ 5.13.0 Released

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Sorry Christopher, my mistake. My local branches were messed up. It’s all
good.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
about.me/dejanb

Posted by Christopher Shannon <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Thanks Claus, here’s some more docs for it
http://activemq.apache.org/objectmessage.html#ObjectMessage-Clients

I’ll create a proper PR once we have 5.13.1

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac
about.me/dejanb

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Dejan

I logged a ticket at Camel with your instructions

On Mon, Dec 14, 2015 at 2:15 PM, Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net> wrote:
> Hi Claus,
>
> I implemented a fix for this in
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMQ-6077. If you can give it a look
> and see if anything else is missing, it would greatly appreciated.
>
> Here are the proposed changes to the Camel once we have 5.13.1 release
> https://github.com/dejanb/camel/commit/6c942f4bac18ab84c76411515d1e87caaf7705a4
>
> BTW. We should change version of the current master to 5.14-SNAPSHOT now
> that 5.13.0 is out.
>
> Regards
> --
> Dejan Bosanac
> about.me/dejanb
>
> On Mon, Dec 7, 2015 at 2:39 PM, Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> > On Dec 7, 2015, at 8:16 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > Also if the java class name is in a JMS header ( I think there is a
>> > standard for that, JMSType is it not?) maybe the client/server can use
>> > that out of the box to know at least packages from that class is okay
>> > to use.
>>

>> Doesn’t that defeat the purpose though?  I could craft a message that
>> contains “MyBadClass” and add that JMS header to say MyBadClass should be
>> allowed.  MyBadClass is loaded and security problem.  It really needs to be
>> something configured, not something part of the message.
>>
>> Dan

>> https://github.com/dejanb/camel/commit/138186ffa40381c8c082d69917cbb29181ab4abc

>> right

>> easy
>> have

>> about

>> the
>> docs for
>> whet

>> can

>> over

>> end

>> the

>> features

>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12311210&version=12329848

>> > --
>> > Claus Ibsen
>> > -----------------
>> > http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus
>> > Camel in Action 2: https://www.manning.com/ibsen2
>>
>> --
>> Daniel Kulp

Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.
Hi Claus,

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
> On Dec 7, 2015, at 8:16 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Also if the java class name is in a JMS header ( I think there is a
> standard for that, JMSType is it not?) maybe the client/server can use
> that out of the box to know at least packages from that class is okay
> to use.

Doesn’t that defeat the purpose though?  I could craft a message that contains “MyBadClass” and add that JMS header to say MyBadClass should be allowed.  MyBadClass is loaded and security problem.  It really needs to be something configured, not something part of the message.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Posted by Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>.