Posted to announcements@xml.apache.org by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org> on 2000/12/04 21:31:55 UTC

Apache Batik 1.0 beta available

From: Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com>

Re: Apache Batik 1.0 beta available

Posted by "Pier P. Fumagalli" <pi...@betaversion.org>.
Sorry, but we posted a wrong URL yesterday. The correct URL for the Apache
Batik project is:
  <http://xml.apache.org/batik>
Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Pier

Pier P. Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org> wrote:
> From: Vincent Hardy <vi...@eng.sun.com>
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> The beta version of Batik 1.0 was made available today from Apache's
>> XML web site. Batik is a Java based toolkit for
>> applications that want to use images in the Scalable Vector Graphics
>> (SVG, an XML syntax for 2D graphics) format for various purposes,
>> such as viewing, generation or manipulation.
>>
>> The URL for the Apache Batik project is:
>>
>> http://xml.apche.org/batik
>>
>> Batik's goal is to provide a full implementation of the SVG
>> specification. The 1.0 beta version supports a large number of
>> static features, including several filters and text selection.
>>
>> Among other applications, Batik comes with a stand-alone viewer
>> that has interesting features such as a thumbnail view of the
>> document, a DOM view, the ability to zoom, pan and rotate document
>> and the ability to export svg images to raster formats (see screen
>> shots at http://xml.apache.org/batik/svgviewer.html).
>>
>> The detailed announcement for the Apache Batik project is at:
>>
>> http://xml.apache.org/batik/pr.html
>>
>> Regards.
>> Vincent Hardy
>> Apache Batik Project
>> http://xml.apache.org/batik

    Pier

--
Pier P. Fumagalli  Apache Software Foundation  <ma...@betaversion.org>
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur,