Posted to dev@lucene.apache.org by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org> on 2005/05/10 21:10:32 UTC

FieldCache parser

Attached is a patch that makes it possible to supply a user-specified
parser to FieldCache.  For example, one might use this to process a date
field as ints even if was not indexed as a decimal integer.

Comments?

Doug

Re: FieldCache parser

Posted by Yonik Seeley <ys...@gmail.com>.
This does solve one problem I was having.  There are still a few
issues I still need to solve:

- double and long support?

- Sorting support for multiple indexed fields mapped onto a single
field using fieldname=fieldvalue.    For example, when field "x" is
specified, I actually need just a slice of field "generic" starting
with "x="

For the latter, I suppose my best current bet is to create my own
FieldCache implementation and change FieldCache.DEFAULT?

-Yonik

Re: FieldCache parser

Posted by Rasik Pandey <rb...@gmail.com>.
Nice approach. Should SortComparatorSource include a new method decl for
SortComparatorSource.newComparator (IndexReader reader, String
fieldname, Object valueParser) ?

RBP

Re: FieldCache parser

Posted by Rasik Pandey <rb...@gmail.com>.
Hi Doug,

Based upon your changes I have reworked a contribution for efficient
sorting of "long" values which I submitted some time back numbered
34563 in Bugzilla. Please let me know if you have any questions,
comments, or concerns.

Regards,
Rus

Re: FieldCache parser

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.
Doug Cutting wrote:
> Attached is a patch that makes it possible to supply a user-specified
> parser to FieldCache.  For example, one might use this to process a date
> field as ints even if was not indexed as a decimal integer.

As there were no objections, I have committed this patch.

Doug

Re: FieldCache parser

Posted by tj...@apache.org.
+1