Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Angel Morales <ta...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/21 16:16:13 UTC

Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at

Greetings,

We recently upgraded to mod_perl2 and we started seeing this error:

Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at ...

The line has a $r->print(), we've tried everything, including eval() the
line but nothing helps.

Server Version: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) (x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
mod_perl-2.0.2-4.el4s1.2

We tried researching and some people suggest that this is caused when the
browser closed the connection with the web server but we disagree, we ran
this on a dev server and it still happens. Any direction would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at

Posted by Cosimo Streppone <co...@streppone.it>.
Angel Morales wrote:

> Greetings,
>
> We recently upgraded to mod_perl2 and we started seeing this error:
>
> Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at ...
>
> The line has a $r->print(), we've tried everything, including eval() the
> line but nothing helps.
>
> Server Version: Apache/2.0.52 (Red Hat) (x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux)
> mod_perl-2.0.2-4.el4s1.2

 From the archives, maybe it's useful?

   http://www.apache-httpd.com/list/39/643817.html

I have also seen the same error happen
when you '$r->print($output)' where $output is,
for some programming error, empty.

--
Cosimo

Re: Apache2::RequestIO::print: (103) Software caused connection abort at

Posted by Heiko Weber <he...@wecos.de>.
I got this error maybe since a year from from now. I assume, at some point the developers of perl / apache decided to report this, and before (mod_perl1, and earlier versions of mod_perl2) this error didn't made it into the logs. But I am not 100% sure ...

Heiko

--
Wecos <> Heiko Weber Computer Systeme
D-21644 Sauensiek <> Immenweg 5