Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Richard <rg...@gmail.com> on 2021/01/18 10:39:09 UTC

[Netbeans platform] Pov-Ray renderer tutorial

Hello.

I would like now to run the Pov-Ray renderer tutorial using Netbeans 12
with Linux x64 OpenJDK 11 :

https://platform.netbeans.org/tutorials/nbm-povray-1.html

- At first step, the file that are created in the "povfile" module for
Povray File Support are not the same as shown in the tutorial, and
running the povsuite does not allow to open the "Favorites" window as
suggested.

- Going further in step 3 of the tutorial with setting dependencies for
povsuite, running the povsuite complains about missing modules that
cannot be installed, although I have clicked on the "Resolve" button
when setting dependencies.

So I wanted to have a look at the source code of the tutorial wich
should be there :

http://java.net/projects/nb-api-samples/sources/api-samples/show/versions/7.1/tutorials/PovSuite

But all java.net links are now broken ! Could anyone say where I can
find the source of this tutorial ?

And as this tutorial was designed for Netbeans 7.1, is it always
runnable with Netbeans 12 ?

Richard

Re: [Netbeans platform] Pov-Ray renderer tutorial

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
You’re welcome to create pull requests for the tutorials.

I think this is the most comprehensive resource on the NetBeans Platform:

https://leanpub.com/nbp4beginners

Gj

Posted by Richard <rg...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.