Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Chris Widhelm <cw...@gmail.com> on 2004/09/14 21:38:02 UTC

Embedding JMeter

I am trying to figure out how to embed JMeter in a webapp, but I am
having a hard time finding where I can start a JMeter engine
(successfully) and how I can start a test.

So far I have tried to get a new instance of JMeter and call run.
This method, however, seems to require the installation, which I am
trying to get away from.

Any suggestions on which classes to look at?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: Embedding JMeter

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
Might be worth looking at

httpunit
http://httpunit.sourceforge.net/

and

Canoo WebTest
http://webtest.canoo.com/webtest/manual/WebTestHome.html

Re: Embedding JMeter

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.
well the short answer is, "no such beast exists" to my knowledge.

All of the commercial packages I am aware of are meant to run as
standalone application. I think what you might be looking for is some
kind of runtime quality/functionality check.

Currently, W3C is starting to address policy, which covers concepts
like SLA (service level agreement), functional quality and system
policy. It's just starting, so you're probably going to have to roll
your own solution.

other people have implemented this type of feature in the past, but
all the ones I am aware of are proprietary. For example, all the
telco's I know have active and passive monitoring to measure the error
rate and alter the routing of traffic. Does that sound close to what
you're thinking of.

peter

Re: Embedding JMeter

Posted by Peter Lin <wo...@gmail.com>.