Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Chris Velevitch <ch...@gmail.com> on 2009/06/30 09:33:38 UTC

Windows binaries for 0.9.0

Where can I find the windows binaries for v0.9.0? I can only find the
v0.8.1 binaries.

Re: Windows binaries for 0.9.0

Posted by Nathan Stott <nr...@gmail.com>.
Mark Hammond and I are  working on a couchdb installer for windows.  The
build is working well.  When I have some more time to commit to it, which
hopefully will be very soon, there will be an msi installer.
If you want to get up and running before then, check out the wiki.  It
contains instructions on how to use 0.9.0 with windows, but it's not
trivial.

Re: Windows binaries for 0.9.0

Posted by Nathan Stott <nr...@gmail.com>.
We have a version of couchspawnkillable that works on windows.

I'm really busy today, but tomorrow I'll jump on IRC or Mark Hammond may be
there today.  He and I have github branches where you can get the .c file to
build couchspawnkillable on windows and build it yourself with a command in
the comments.

My branch is at http://github.com/nrstott/couchdb-win32/tree/master

Supposedly with the new erlang version, couchspawnkillable may not be
necesarry in the future.

Re: Windows binaries for 0.9.0

Posted by Thad Guidry <th...@gmail.com>.
Will it support Windows?  Or can it later on?  Can you give me a list of
what current features or future roadmap plans would not make it work
correctly with windows ?  I, like Damien, at one time, have suddenly found
myself without a job and looking for something more.
I might have the time, as Nathan does to also commit to making a more
Windows friendly installer and build.  But I'm not deep into the code yet to

Re: Windows binaries for 0.9.0

Posted by Noah Slater <ns...@apache.org>.

Re: Windows binaries for 0.9.0

Posted by Kai Griffin <ka...@griffinbyteworks.com>.
I installed that 0.8.1 Windows binary package initially, then a few days
later just updated the /lib/couchdb/src/couchdb  directory with all the
latest from the 0.9.0 trunk (ie, just the .erl files), then used
couch_compile to build it.  This has been working fine for me for quite
a few weeks now.

As for 0.9.1, I believe it will also work OK, except for
couch_os_process, which invokes priv/couchspawnkillable - something that
doesn't work for Windows.  I replaced couch_os_process with 0.9.0's
version and found that all to work OK, but ended up reverting back to
0.9.0 and wait until 0.9.1 is officially out.