Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Ben Avery <be...@youthnet.org> on 2006/02/01 16:22:37 UTC

use themes for search results

hi,

I've written a theme to use Roller on our website, but the search
results are shown on a very plain HTML page, generated from the Velocity
files
[roller base]/WEB-INF/classes/searchresults.vm
[roller base]/WEB-INF/classes/searchresults_day.vm

which appear to be called from the servlet
org.roller.presentation.search.SearchServlet

called in turn by the URL pattern /search/* via the Struts config file.

I could rewrite the .vm files, but I want this results page to be shown
in the same look and feel as part of a theme, so it can vary with
whatever theme I use - we are planning to use the same Roller instance
to serve different blogs across our various websites.

Can anyone tell me how to achieve this? sorry if I've missed something
really simple, or in the documentation - can't find it anywhere.

thanks

setup:

Roller 2.0
Java 1.4.2