Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Vaishoo <va...@comcast.net> on 2007/02/03 01:01:58 UTC

ERROR: JAVA_HOME is set to an invalid directory

hi
I am using maven for the 1st time and I am getting the error
as ERROR: JAVA_HOME is set to an invalid directory
but I checked so many times  JAVA_HOME is been set correctly.
I am not able guess it .
 I need help in  learning this.

thanks
vaishoo

Re: ERROR: JAVA_HOME is set to an invalid directory

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Try this:

%JAVA_HOME%/bin/javadoc
...1 error

If that works (command exists and runs with no input), then your
JAVA_HOME is set properly. If not, then you've got something wrong,
and you're probably pointing to a JRE rather than a JDK as Greg
suggested.

Wayne