Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com> on 2022/04/04 11:53:57 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry 5.8.1 released!

Hello, Tapestry community!

We've just released Tapestry 5.8.1. It's mostly about getting Tapestry-IoC
to support all Java language features introduced between Java 9 and 17.  It
also includes some other bug fixes and small improvements.

Tapestry 5.8.1 is a drop-in replacement and recommended upgrade for
Tapestry 5.7.0+ projects.

All the details are in the release notes:
https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-581.html.

As always, if you have questions, post them here in the Tapestry users
mailing list.

Happy coding!

--
Thiago

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry 5.8.1 released!

Posted by Jonathan Barker <jo...@gmail.com>.
WOW, after all these years, with so many new developments in so many
areas, is Emmanuel Sowah still fixated on Tapestry?

Actually, I'm glad I checked in - you always put a smile on my face.
Every now and then, you need some naked guy running across the
football field to inject some fun.

As a "quietly in the background" sect member, I must share my very
recent experience. I've had to delve into the joys of C# and .Net in
the past several months, and I repeatedly find myself trying to
imitate / replicate functionality I had 15 years ago in Tapestry. The
C#/.Net world is getting much better, so, better late than never. It
has, however, given me a greater appreciation for the quality of the
foundation of Tapestry.

Thiago, keep it up.

--
Jonathan Barker
ITStrategic

Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Tapestry 5.8.1 released!

Posted by Emmanuel Sowah <es...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ben Weidig <be...@netzgut.net>.
Hi Tim,

thanks for notifying us!

After a quick glance it looks like it's an issue since 5.7+

I've created a ticket: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAP5-2718

Cheers,
Ben

Posted by Chris Poulsen <ma...@nesluop.dk>.
Thank you for the release!

I don't know if this is already known, but I just noticed that the heading
links in the "Latest news" on the front page does not work for the two
5.8.x releases.

The (broken) 5.8.1 link in the list is:
https://tapestry.apache.org/2022/04/04/tapestry-581-release.html while the
(working) link from this thread is:
https://tapestry.apache.org/release-notes-581.html

--
Chris

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Tim for spotting this and Ben for creating this ticket!

Posted by D Tim Cummings <ti...@triptera.com.au.INVALID>.
Thanks Thiago