Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Jeff Trawick <tr...@bellsouth.net> on 2001/01/25 21:19:45 UTC

byterange request for invalid URI: no error page

This is just to note a problem.  I haven't looked at it.

Send GET for bytes 0-200 of URI which doesn't exist:

1.3----------------

Bytes read: 487 (487)...
HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:36:44 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.15-dev (Unix)
Transfer-Encoding: chunked

131
<HTML><HEAD>
<TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
</HEAD><BODY>
<H1>Not Found</H1>
The requested URL /index.html.enabc was not found on this server.<P>
<HR>
<ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.15-dev Server at adsl-77-241-65.rdu.bellsouth.net Port 8080</ADDRESS>
</BODY></HTML>

0

2.0-----------------

Bytes read: 0 (0)...

(in other words, httpd didn't write anything to the client)
             Born in Roswell... married an alien...

Re: byterange request for invalid URI: no error page

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
The reason for this is relatively simple unfortunately, solving it
isn't.  The problem is that you are putting a 404 through the byterange
filter, which makes us return INVALID_BYTERANGE, but of course we don't
handle filters doing that yet.

Ryan

On Thu, 25 Jan 2001, Jeff Trawick wrote:

> This is just to note a problem.  I haven't looked at it.
>
> Send GET for bytes 0-200 of URI which doesn't exist:
>
> 1.3----------------
>
> Bytes read: 487 (487)...
> HTTP/1.1 404 Not Found
> Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:36:44 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.15-dev (Unix)
> Transfer-Encoding: chunked
>
> 131
> <HTML><HEAD>
> <TITLE>404 Not Found</TITLE>
> </HEAD><BODY>
> <H1>Not Found</H1>
> The requested URL /index.html.enabc was not found on this server.<P>
> <HR>
> <ADDRESS>Apache/1.3.15-dev Server at adsl-77-241-65.rdu.bellsouth.net Port 8080</ADDRESS>
> </BODY></HTML>
>
> 0

> Bytes read: 0 (0)...
>
> (in other words, httpd didn't write anything to the client)
> --
> Jeff Trawick | trawickj@bellsouth.net | PGP public key at web site:
>        http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Park/9289/
>              Born in Roswell... married an alien...