Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Chris Bedford <Ch...@fico.com> on 2014/12/31 23:26:10 UTC

drag and drop images to wiki page (supported, or easy-ish to implement) ?

hi -

i am considering using jspwiki,but did not see any plugins available to
support drag and drop of images.  Is this feature supported, on the road
map,or relatively straightforward to implement via a plugin (if one
has decent jsp/javascript/java skills) ?

i like the idea of a java based wiki...

-          chris

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential, proprietary and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it immediately.

Re: drag and drop images to wiki page (supported, or easy-ish to implement) ?

Posted by David Vittor <dv...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Writing a plugin is not too difficult for JSPWiki, if you know
jsp/javascript/java skills.
https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=HowToWriteAPlugin

For the drag and drop of images, you could use something like:
http://www.dropzonejs.com/

And you'd have to integrate it with the JSP Wiki Attachment Manager.
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jspwiki/trunk/jspwiki-war/src/main/java/org/apache/wiki/attachment/

I think I've read somewhere in the mailing lists that there may be some
issue about adding multiple attachments, but not sure what that is exactly.

Still feel free to have a go. It's a great idea for a plugin!

Cheers,
David V

Posted by Rick Brockman <re...@richardbrockman.info>.
<pre>On Wed, 31 Dec 2014 22:26:10 +0000, Chris Bedford
wrote:
&gt; hi -
&gt;
&gt; i am considering using jspwiki,but did not see any plugins available
&gt; support drag and drop of images.  Is this feature supported, on the
road
&gt; map,or relatively straightforward to implement via a plugin (if one
&gt; has decent jsp/javascript/java skills) ?
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; i like the idea of a java based wiki...
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; -          chris
&gt;
&gt;
&gt;
&gt; This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential,
proprietary
&gt; and intended solely for the individual or entity to whom they are
&gt; addressed. If you have received this email in error please delete it
&gt; immediately.
Chris
many plugins to manipulate images - <a title="plugins"
href="http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/wiki/ContributedPlugins"
target="_blank">http://www.ecyrd.com/JSPWiki/wiki/ContributedPlugins</a>
-- <br />Rick

_RICK BROCKMAN_