Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/12 18:53:45 UTC

[feature proposal] make a secure_rewrites filter

Hi all,

Sometimes we want to have secure_rewirtes off but only for one db,
design doc, for example if we want to write a "futon" like app on top
of couchdb.  My idea is to set the default like we do know but adding
a new setting :

[secure_rewrites_filter]
{DbName, DdocName}

which would take set secure_rewrite to false if default setting is
true for this specific ddoc . Before opening a ticket I would lie to
discuss this option first here, but it may be really useful in near
future.

- benoit

Re: [feature proposal] make a secure_rewrites filter

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, Sep 12, 2010 at 7:20 PM, J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sep 12, 2010, at 9:53 AM, Benoit Chesneau wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sometimes we want to have secure_rewirtes off but only for one db,
>> design doc, for example if we want to write a "futon" like app on top
>> of couchdb.  My idea is to set the default like we do know but adding
>> a new setting :
>>
>> [secure_rewrites_filter]
>> {DbName, DdocName}
>>
>> which would take set secure_rewrite to false if default setting is
>> true for this specific ddoc . Before opening a ticket I would lie to
>> discuss this option first here, but it may be really useful in near
>> future.
>
> I think this is good. I'd say it's the best option. Maybe the name should be [secure_rewrites_exceptions]
>
> Chris
>

>> - benoit

Yes indeed exceptions is better in this case. Code is on the way.

Posted by J Chris Anderson <jc...@gmail.com>.