Posted to pluto-dev@portals.apache.org by "David H. DeWolf" <dd...@apache.org> on 2004/10/12 14:32:30 UTC

Portal Properties

The Portlet Spec talks about "Portal" and "Portlet Container" properties
in three distinct places: the PortletRequest (getProperty,
getPropertyNames, getProperties), the PortletResponse (setProperty,
addProperty), and the PortalContext (getProperty and getPropertyNames).

Does anyone know if the properties modified and retrieved by the request
and response objects respectively are supposed to be the same properties
which are accessible through the context?  Or, are they simply both
referred to as "Portal properties" but are a unique set of props?

There is currently no PropertyManagerService implementation in the 1.0.1
portal driver, and thus there's nothing to reference :).  If I can get
the answer on this I will go ahead and implement the service for both
1.0.1 and our 1.1 branch.

Thanks,

David