Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Arun Venugopal <Ar...@cognizant.com> on 2005/11/11 14:13:25 UTC

accessing the database driver version and name from a gbean

Hi,

I am trying to write a Gbean whose functionality seems to vary for
different types of database drivers that is used. Can you tell me how to
find out  the database driver name and version from the Gbean or within
the geronimo code ?

Thanks and regards
Arun

Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure, dissemination, forwarding, printing or copying of this email or any action taken in reliance on this e-mail is strictly
prohibited and may be unlawful.

  Visit us at http://www.cognizant.com

Re: accessing the database driver version and name from a gbean

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.
How will the GBean know what database the application is hooked up to?

The easiest thing might be for the application to query the JDBC
Connection it gets from ther DB pool for the vendor name & version,
and pass that information to the GBean when it calls the GBean.

Aaron

Posted by Arun Venugopal <Ar...@cognizant.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu>.