Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Gorzsás Tamás <Go...@evosoft.hu> on 2006/01/12 18:54:11 UTC

getGraphicsNode () returns with Null

Hi,

in my code the getGraphicsNode returns with null:

    GraphicsNode importedGraphicsNode = canvas.getUpdateManager()

                                          .getBridgeContext()

                                          .getGraphicsNode(train);

In which cases returns the getGraphicsNode() with null?

My train object is:

<g>

      <use xlink:href="#train-shape">

      <use xlink:href="#route-shape">

</g>

and the creation of this train element is done in the same UpdateManagerQueue thread as in the getGraphicsNode() call.

Thanks in advance,

Tamas

Re: getGraphicsNode () returns with Null

Posted by th...@kodak.com.
Hi Gorzas,

Gorzsás Tamás <Go...@evosoft.hu> wrote on 01/12/2006 12:54:11 PM:

> in my code the getGraphicsNode returns with null:
>
>     GraphicsNode importedGraphicsNode = canvas.getUpdateManager()
>                                           .getBridgeContext()
>                                           .getGraphicsNode(train);
>
> In which cases returns the getGraphicsNode() with null?

  In cases where the given DOM Element doesn't have associated
graphics.  Also if the document is not marked as DYNAMIC then
it will not maintain this relationship.

> and the creation of this train element is done in the same
UpdateManagerQueue
> thread as in the getGraphicsNode() call.

   Everything sounds right, so I suspect there is something
subtle that is wrong.